Discover how business is enhanced and created with additive manufacturing and find your place in the AM ecosystem.
The rapid progress of additive manufacturing has created a multitude of opportunities in a variety of fields from dentistry to aeronautics. On this course, the learner will discover how and when additive manufacturing can be profitably used in industrial applications and how it affects value chains and business models.
Taking this course gives learners a clear and concise overview of how existing business can be enhanced, and new business created using additive manufacturing as a supporting technology.
Learners will also explore the ecosystem that has developed around additive manufacturing in the last decades and find their place in it.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
The course has two core audiences:
- Industrial professionals who are familiar with AM on a technical level and might use it in their work for a specific purpose but have not considered how it could be used to further develop the business of their company. These professionals work in departments of research and development, product design, and manufacturing operations. They have high technical expertise but no business expertise.
- Entrepreneurs looking to create a start-up to enter the AM market. Members of this group are self-employed and are looking for new opportunities. They have business expertise but limited technical expertise.
NUMBER OF WEEKS / HOURS PER WEEK
- 3 weeks at 2 hours per week
- 13 activities per week
LINK TO COURSE
- Sergei Chekurov, email@example.com
- Jouni Partanen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Niklas Kretzschmar, email@example.com
FutureLearn is a leading social learning platform jointly owned by The Open University and The SEEK Group.
- 4.0 stars (max. five stars)
- Did you gain new knowledge or skills by taking the course? Yes 85,7 %