AALTO University, VTT and Hovering Solutions
This hands-on course involves the full workflow of metal additive manufacturing from design to post-processing.
During this interactive 1-day workshop, participants will be given lecture about designing for additive manufacturing, preparing files for printing and postprocessing of the printed parts. They will be introduced to concrete aspects of using metal additive manufacturing machine and see how prints are started. Participants will also be shown a real life case, where additive manufacturing is being used to optimize design. They will be given opportunity to try some postprocessing techniques themselves.
During this workshop, participants will gain experience in designing, printing, and post processing.
- Design for additive manufacturing (lecture)
- Possibilities and restrictions of postprocessing (lecture)
- A real life case is introduced
- Preparation of files for printing for this real life case
- Machine preparation for metal powder bed fusion and starting the print
- Post-Processing of samples
- 3D laser scanning demonstration
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Those who are interested in metal additive manufacturing with a lack of DFAM (design for additive manufacturing) and machine experience will benefit the most from this workshop.
DATE AND PLACE
- NA after 12/2022.
- Kirsi Kukko, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roy Björkstrand, email@example.com
- Antti Vaajoki, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jóse Luis Grande, email@example.com